The 2019 Application Cycle is now open. Applications are due no later than 11:59 PM CST on Tuesday, April 30, 2019.
A Pre-Proposal Application must be submitted using our online portal that includes the following information:
- Body of Pre-Proposal:
- Descriptive title
- Current contact information, including: name, address, university, email address, and telephone number
- Faculty sponsor’s name and contact information
- An abstract of no more than 250 words
- A brief description of the proposed training program (no more than 1,500 words), including methods used for evaluation of student performance and progress and a plan for dissemination of relevant knowledge during and after completion of the project.
- A brief description of the proposed project (no more than 1,500 words).
- A bibliography citing relevant source materials.
- The full curriculum vitae for the faculty sponsor(s) (please limit to 1,500 words).
- A brief description of the institution and facilities available for this project.
- Copies of recent publications by the faculty sponsor and/or student applicant on topics related to the proposed research (if any).
- Please indicate how you heard about this fellowship opportunity.
The International Foundation for Ethical Research
53 West Jackson Boulevard
Chicago, IL 60604
IFER funds may not be used for institutional indirect costs (overhead).
The 2019 Application Cycle is now open.
Please click here
to begin the application process.
"Entering into graduate school, I was really shocked when I learned about the high failure rate of anti-cancer clinical trials (70-90% of drugs that enter clinical trials end up not being effective in humans), which is in large part due to the inability of 2D cell-based models and animal models to predict clinical outcomes. Being able to play a part in helping create more predictive models for the drug development process while also diving into the field of tissue engineering for my graduate studies was really appealing to me."